Tribe Campus Leader (Student Volunteer)
Carry1st is looking for rockstar community managers with a passion for gaming and esports to serve as Tribe Campus Leaders and build communities within their universities.
About Carry1st & the Tribe community:
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in underserved frontier markets. Carry1st has a proprietary payment and e-commerce platform which allows players to acquire global content using locally-accessible payment methods. We are backed by awesome investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Avenir, Konvoy Ventures, and Nas.
Tribe is a community powered by Carry1st to host all kinds of gamers. No matter the game you play, be rest assured that there is a place for you. As a member of the community, you can participate in tournaments, play games with other members, learn from the best gamers in Africa, stream music and also get news on trending gaming topics.
- Regularly host events in your university
- Manage budgeting and vendor relationships
- Engage the community with timely responses to requests and comments
- Manage a community on Whatsapp/Telegram
- Be a liaison between Tribe and your university
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a University (you would be required to provide a student ID card)
- Must have at least 1 year left until graduation
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Passion for gaming
- Have experience with event planning and tournament hosting
- Social media management experience is a plus
- Resume building & professional growth
- Access to community management training
- Free merch
- Monthly stipend for approved community events
- Rewards for hitting goals
*Please note, this is not a salaried position, but Campus Leaders will earn occasional monetary rewards for hitting goals