Head of Finance
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, licence, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
Reporting to the VP of Finance and Corporate Strategy, the Head of Finance will bring rigour and structure to the finance function. You will be responsible for leading the day-to-day running of the finance function, delivering accurate and transparent financial reports, setting budgets, implementing financial controls, forecasting, and monitoring KPIs.
This position is a great opportunity for an individual who has experience in a similar role building a best-in-class finance function, capable of supporting our fast growth business as we continue to scale rapidly.
- Oversee preparation of group management accounts across all entities
- Assess reporting of financial records in line with applicable reporting standards and formulate monthly journals – IFRS, US GAAP etc.
- Manage weekly and monthly reporting process, partnering with departments to provide profit and loss analysis and accompanying commentary
- Lead year-end audits for all entities and liaise with external auditors
- Manage statutory compliance and act as the main point of contact with tax advisors on annual accounts, VAT returns, withholding tax and corporation tax
- Prepare and maintain 12-week rolling cash forecast including planning FX conversion
- Lead transformation of finance processes and systems including implementing new technologies to automate and streamline manual processes
- Chartered Accountant with 5+ years experience, preferably in high growth VC-backed startup
- Proven experience of building a best-in-class finance function with great leadership skills
- Technically strong accountant with the ability to be an effective business partner
- Self-starter who can handle multiple tasks and complete work projects within deadlines
- Strong excel skills, detail oriented with analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Reliable team-player – flexible and willing to support in other areas when required
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 25+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market
Something looks off?