Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, license, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
As a Lead Artist you will be responsible for the creation of assets, managing contract artists, working with engineering, and helping define the look and pipeline of a mobile game.
You’ll also work in close collaboration with our awesome Product, Creative, and Engineering teams, using your design skills, product mentality, and passion for mobile games to design the gameplay features at every stage of the process.
- Develop general assets after the games needs with a more focus on UI
- Establish art standards/ systems and ensure all creative material is consistent
- Work directly with production to ensure that schedules meet the project's needs
- Ensure that produced and integrated assets respect the artistic vision of the game
- Ensure that developed and integrated assets meet quality standards
- Provide regular review and feedback to teams in a clear and constructive manner
- Ensure the team is aligned with project objectives
- Maintain effective informational flow
What makes you a great candidate?
- 10+ years of experience as an artist
- Encourage creativity and participation from all team member
- Maintain efficient collaboration between the team and other departments
- Maintain a relationship with your direct manager, producers, and directors
- Raise the bar for the project by demanding high results from self and team members
- Actively participate to the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines
- Share knowledge and recommend best practices in your area of operation
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 25+ countries!
At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimize your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market
Something looks off?