2D Unity Animator
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, licence, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
As a 2D Unity Animator you will be responsible for the overall look and artistic approach to the animations of the next chart-topping mobile game. Understand the design documents and come up with ideas and deliver the animation mocks and assets. Conceptualise and illustrate exceptional game animations ideas and communicate the styling and concepts through mock-up art.
- Create particles/VFX in Unity
- Create character action animations with eye-popping visuals
- Create UI motion designs in Unity
- Implement VFX and UI motions into Unity
- Ensure top quality animations
What makes you a great candidate?
- Must submit an online portfolio/reel demonstrating experience in VFX animation
- Expert in Unity 2D animation and particle system creation and implementation
- Knowledge of Spine animation tool and Adobe products such as Photoshop or equivalent
- +3 years of experience in Mobile game animation
- Collaborate with the Art Lead and developers to ensure high-quality animations
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 25+ countries!
At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimize your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates