People Partner - Operations
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, publishing, and fintech, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. Across our publishing and Pay1st business lines, we are partnered with top global game companies like Riot Games, Activision, and Stillfront. We are backed by top investors like: a16z, Bitkraft, Google, Konvoy, Riot Games, and Nas..
As a People Partner you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of our people-operations, ensuring the business runs smoothly and our teammates are set up for success. You'll work closely with Managers building and reviewing people-processes to support our awesome teammates as we scale. This dynamic position requires strong relationship-building and project management skills, with the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems.
- Work closely with leadership, management, and employees to build a kick-ass, high-performance culture in a remote environment
- Manage the employee lifecycle, from onboarding to offboarding
- Own all aspects of performance management including performance reviews, and identification of training needs
- Act as the go-to for teammates regarding new and existing policies
- Lead strategic project-based work to build scalable people practices in a complex, multicultural environment
What makes you a great candidate?
- BS degree in Human Resources or related field
- +3 years experience in a similar in-house role, ideally in a scale-up
- Thorough knowledge of South African labor legislation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective project management skills and decision making capabilities
- Ideally prior HRBP experience
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-paced and dynamic place to work. Our team is diverse and global as we operate fully-remotely across 25+ countries. At Carry1st, you will have the opportunity to…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…