3D Character Artist
Ready Player Me
Who we are
There are millions of virtual worlds people visit every day to play games, socialise, and collaborate. Today, most of those worlds are closed and disconnected walled gardens. We are on a mission to break down virtual walls to enable a more open and connected virtual world.
Ready Player Me is a cross-game avatar platform for developers, players, and content creators. We give players an avatar that travels with them across thousands of experiences and becomes their virtual identity. For game developers, we are an end-to-end avatar system that saves development time and helps them monetize better. Our avatar tools are used by 9000+ games, apps, and leading brands.
Present and future
We are backed by top investors like Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Plural, David Baszucki, co-founder of Roblox, Justin Kan, co-founder of Twitch, Sebastian Knutsson & Riccardo Zacconi, King Games co-founders, Konvoy Ventures, Endeavor and Samsung Next among many others.
Our team has built avatar systems for companies like Tencent, Huawei, HTC, and Verizon since 2014. We are working with well-known brands like Warner Bros, Adidas, Tommy Hilfiger, Dior, New Balance, and RTFKT.
With more than 9,000 developers and millions of users, Ready Player Me is the world's leading avatar platform.
Come join us on this exciting journey and play a key role in shaping the future of how we represent ourselves in games and virtual worlds, while breaking down those virtual walls!
We are seeking a passionate and skilled 3D Character Artist to join our dynamic team and create high-quality 3D models for the Ready Player Me avatar system. As a key team member, you'll design and produce a variety of character models, collaborating closely with our engineering, product, and marketing teams to ensure optimum performance and quality. Your expertise will also be instrumental in creating templates, workflows, and best practices, balancing performance, stability, and artistic intent across various platforms and render targets.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Creating high-resolution 3D sculpts and low-polygon retopology models.
- Demonstrating proficiency in modeling and texturing, aligning with the style of the product and concepts using tools like Zbrush, Maya, and/or Blender.
- Utilizing your modeling expertise to ensure production meets the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish.
- Participating in reviews, accepting feedback, and having the flexibility to revert to preliminary steps if necessary.
- Producing striking marketing materials to showcase avatars in the best possible light.
- Functioning as part of a fast-paced, close-knit team, collaborating with artists and tech staff to achieve a unified animated vision for our product.
- Creating prototypes and tech demos in 3D to define and improve quality standards, and assist in the development of new tools.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a Character Artist in the gaming or VFX/film industry.
- Excellent knowledge of character performance in a real-time engine.
- Strong 3D character modeling skills with a deep understanding of human anatomy and the ability to create stylized characters.
- Expertise in diverse artistic styles.
- The ability to rapidly iterate ideas and optimize an asset to its final state.
- Proficiency in Substance Painter, ZBrush, Maya, 3DMax, or Blender.
- A portfolio showcasing exceptional hero character work.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
As a bonus, it would be awesome if you:
- Have experience in rigging, skinning, and animating 3D characters.
- Have worked in a startup or scaleup environment before.
- Love playing games.
Why you’ll love it here:
🌏 Join our expanding team in our hubs in Estonia, Germany, the UK, and Spain.
📚 Personal development - exciting challenges mean a big impact. To reach the next level, we offer a personal learning budget.
⚡ Boost your wellbeing with our recharging budget, nurturing both your physical and mental health.
✈️ Biannual company retreats and team gatherings in our hubs; our Summer Days are legendary.
🕟 Flexible working hours - Results are more important than hours on the clock: we trust you to maintain your work-life balance.
📈 Competitive salary with equity options.
What’s life like at Ready Player Me?
At Ready Player Me, expect to make an impact and be a part of an ambitious, passionate, collaborative and caring team. We're here to do the best work of our lives, and build a world, both here and in the Metaverse, that we can be proud of. Our focus is on working together to build outstanding experiences for our users, at the forefront of change and innovation, as the Metaverse expands. We are a trusted partner, and we continuously strive to learn together. We always seek to be smarter tomorrow than we are today. Also check out our values.