Ready Player Me
Who we are
There are millions of virtual worlds people visit every day to play games, socialise, and collaborate. Today, most of those worlds are closed and disconnected walled gardens. We are on a mission to break down virtual walls to enable a more open and connected virtual world.
Ready Player Me is a cross-game avatar platform for developers, players, and content creators. We give players an avatar that travels with them across thousands of experiences and becomes their virtual identity. For game developers, we are an end-to-end avatar system that saves development time and helps them monetize better. Our avatar tools are used by 9000+ games, apps, and leading brands.
Present and future
We are backed by top investors like Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Plural, David Baszucki, co-founder of Roblox, Justin Kan, co-founder of Twitch, Sebastian Knutsson & Riccardo Zacconi, King Games co-founders, Konvoy Ventures, Endeavor and Samsung Next among many others.
Our team has built avatar systems for companies like Tencent, Huawei, HTC, and Verizon since 2014. We are working with well-known brands like Warner Bros, Adidas, Tommy Hilfiger, Dior, New Balance, and RTFKT.
With more than 9,000 developers and millions of users, Ready Player Me is the world's leading avatar platform.
Come join us on this exciting journey and play a key role in shaping the future of how we represent ourselves in games and virtual worlds, while breaking down those virtual walls!
We are looking for a passionate and skilled Character Rigger to join our our Art team! Your role involves crafting sophisticated, user-friendly rigs that bring digital characters to life with precision and authenticity. You'll ensure our characters move convincingly, elevating the quality of our projects with your technical expertise and creative flair.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Collaborating with co-rigger, artists, and engineers to create high-quality character rigs, focusing on realistic and expressive movements, while maintaining technical integrity and efficiency.
- Actively troubleshooting rigging issues, staying updated on industry trends, and contributing to rigging tools and scripts to enhance the rigging process.
- Providing guidance and support, attending reviews, and working closely with the team to ensure a unified animated vision, including creating prototypes and tech demos to define and improve quality standards.
What you bring:
- Proven experience as a Character Rigger in the animation or gaming industry, with at least 3 years of professional experience.
- Proficiency in rigging software like Autodesk Maya, Blender, or similar, and a strong knowledge of human anatomy, particularly for stylized characters.
- A self-starting, self-reliant personality with demonstrated experience in handling different levels of character detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, coupled with strong problem-solving abilities and meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and collaborate within a team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python or MEL for tool development is advantageous.
- A compelling portfolio that showcases your character rigging work and its impact on animation quality.
As a bonus, it would be awesome if you:
- Worked in a Startup or Scaleup before.
- Love to play games.
Why you’ll love it here:
🌏 Join our expanding team in our hubs in Estonia, Germany, the UK, and Spain.
📚 Personal development - exciting challenges mean a big impact. To reach the next level, we offer a personal learning budget.
💤 Flexible days off - we work hard, but it’s important for us to make sure people take time out to recharge.
🏖️ Holiday budget - we need your energy, so make the most of it!
✈️ Biannual company retreats and team gatherings in our hubs; our Summer Days are legendary.
🕟 Flexible working hours - Results are more important than hours on the clock: we trust you to maintain your work-life balance.
📈 Competitive salary with equity options.
What’s life like at Ready Player Me?
At Ready Player Me, expect to make an impact and be a part of an ambitious, passionate, collaborative and caring team. We're here to do the best work of our lives, and build a world, both here and in the Metaverse, that we can be proud of. Our focus is on working together to build outstanding experiences for our users, at the forefront of change and innovation, as the Metaverse expands. We are a trusted partner, and we continuously strive to learn together. We always seek to be smarter tomorrow than we are today. Also check out our values.