Senior 3D Character Game Artist
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
About the Role
Our 3D artists play a critical role in giving birth to our characters in 3 dimension form, bringing depth to the life of the Axie universe. In order to excel at this role, you will need a strong ability to learn and to adapt to an ever-changing environment, where team works and collaboration are highly regarded. As a Senior 3D Character Game Artist, your day-to-day will be:
- Responsible for making high-quality characters models and materials by using 3D modeling, texture, mapping, and other techniques based on given concepts.
- Collaborate with animators and team members to create 3D sculpts and assets to meet artistic standards.
- Understand the project design requirements and conceptualize creative ideas and apply texture to the model using various approaches including hand-painting.
- Oversee and optimize the implementation of layout, environment, and interactive objects, including models, textures, and shaders.
- Actively follow-up the projects by researching, discussing, giving feedback, mentoring, proposing quality improvements and optimization for the working process.
- Ensure all models meet design requirements for technical and artistic purposes by troubleshooting the problems, fixing your creations based on feedback and comments.
- Certificate, associate's degree, or bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field;
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a 3D character artist with a **tough portfolio of previous work and completed projects.
- Understand and have experiences in stylized art with strong working knowledge of industry-standard softwares, including Maya, Blender, Substance Painter and Unity and willingness to remain up-to-date on the latest creative software and hardware.
- Responsible for designing and testing products from concept to production.
- An excellent eye for creativity, artistic skills such as composition, texture, color, lighting,...
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, interpret, mentor, work independently with excellent time management and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of biological anatomy, media illustration is a plus.
Front row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that is making a positive impact and changing people’s lives globallyA fast-paced, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute beings
A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions
Freedom, autonomy & ownership around your work
Contribute to making revolutionary games
Acquire new and unique skills as we usher in a new era of digital ownership
Give yourself and your family the security you deserve
Something looks off?