(Senior - Middle) Smart Contract Engineer
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
About the role
SkyMavis's looking for a Smart Contract Engineer who will closely collaborate with fellow engineers and product managers to build infrastructure and bring privacy and scalability infrastructure to our ecosystem.
- Keep up with business requirements and concerns across the community and internal teams.
- Maintain high product quality as well as engineering quality.
- Proactively provide recommendations for innovative solutions to stakeholders’ requests.
- Architecture and design of distributed protocols with an emphasis on security, performance, and scalability.
- Write, deploy, and test smart contracts and maintain them in production.
- Develop and own best practices for protocol upgrades and versioning across different networks.
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and design on the user-facing applications built around our smart contract protocols.
- Stay updated with the latest Solidity releases, developer tooling, and exploits.
- Mentor other engineers on in-depth topics and best practices. Training and sharing with other members to improve the competence of the team.
- Work with other team members and departments to process tasks with clear direction and deliverables.
- Frequently collect feedback along with accelerating performance and providing coaching/training for team members to ensure the member’s development.
- At least a BSc./BA. in Computer Science, Software Engineering/ Information Technology, or experience in related fields.
- Have outstanding academic performance with a high GPA; awards, prizes, and research is a plus.
- 4+ years of smart contract development, including production deployments of original, non-trivial protocols and related security audits.
- Have an analytical and metrics-driven work style with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience designing distributed protocols.
- Experience designing, building, testing, deploying, and maintaining high-traffic smart contracts.
- Have the ability to balance shipping quickly with building stable infrastructure.
- Have strong knowledge of the Ethereum Virtual Machine and other EVM-compatible networks, DeFis and other Web3 ecosystems.
- Can collaborate fluently in English with other teams.
- Experience working with startups is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong research skills, brainstorming and ideating on new protocol designs. Help the Research team to evaluate the feasibility of any scaling solutions and problems.
- Show strong problem-solving, time management and project management skill to allocate personnel and resources for projects.
- Engage and work with both internal and external auditing teams and implement feedback.
- Familiar with agile software development and engineering culture.
- Passion for blockchain technologies and Web3.
- Be an innovator and raise your voice to contribute to the team's development.
- You're a team player and can work closely with the rest of our team.
- You learn quickly and adapt to new principles and ideas.
- High responsibility and diligence.
- A front-row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that make positive impacts in changing many people’s lives globally
- A fast-paced, young, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute species.
- Give you freedom & ownership of your work.
- You’ll acquire new skills as we usher in a new era of ownership.
- Embrace your nature as a gamer (Why else would you want to join us?)
- Help you to give your family the security that they deserve