Director of Product, Navigator (Gaming and SaaS) (Berlin)
Solsten is advancing the human experience by empowering companies to build deeply resonating and healthier human-centered digital experiences and products.
At the intersection of play, psychology, and AI, our suite of products (Traits, Navigator, Frequency, and Wavelength) give companies in the Gaming and Healthcare industries the ability to understand and meet their audiences’ experiential expectations at every step of their journey—ushering in a new era of technology that is better for people, and brilliant for businesses.
THE PRODUCT: NAVIGATOR
Navigator functions like an AI-fueled crystal ball, helping you identify a game’s best future audiences. By intrinsically understanding who your players are, you can design what they need. Don’t use your development cost for research budget, let’s craft your extended audience.
As our Director of Product (Navigator), you will work with a world-class team of designers, researchers, engineers as well as data scientists to build the Solsten platform and products. You will orchestrate and drive product development for our product, Navigator, across all functions and teams. You will ensure that our product strategy is directly translated into highly actionable tasks as well as priorities and that it is executed effectively and efficiently.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drive product delivery excellence: Set an example and create opportunities to ship a well-crafted product in a highly iterative delivery approach.
- Help turn product vision into action: Support building a cohesive product development roadmap in line with our company vision and overall platform strategy to provide the best possible experience to our customers and users of Navigator.
- Deliver against clearly defined product goals: You will support defining commercial goals for Navigator and will work towards achieving these with other teams within Solsten (e.g. Sales & Customer Success)
- Create cross-functional alignment: Collaborate and partner with UX Design and Research, Engineering, and Data Science to ensure that tasks are scoped properly, priorities are clear, and roadblocks in the day-to-day execution of our vision and roadmap are removed.
- Deeply understand user behavior, business needs, and market forces to determine optimal products, features, and solutions: By partnering with our UX team, you are able to operate at a fast pace with an intense focus on customer value, adoption, engagement, retention, as well as overall user satisfaction and delight.
- Prepare production files, documentation, and status reports for the engineering team as well as other functional teams to establish transparent and up-to-date single sources of truth.
- Scope tasks, track progress, and measure velocity: Support the product team in creating and scoping highly actionable tasks and tickets while tracking the progress and pacing of our product development sprints. Proactively raise ideas on how to improve both our process and the velocity of sprints.
- Regularly assesses the Solsten experience, collaborating with the engineering team to prioritize any critical issues found and leading regular product reviews with key internal stakeholders.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), computer science, marketing, management or equivalent professional experience.
- 9+ years of experience as a product manager in B2B SaaS startups or similar environments as well as experience in gaming.
- Demonstrated experience in and deep understanding of B2B, AI, and SaaS product development best practices.
- Ideally, you worked for game service providers, or other experience management platforms and service providers.
- Passion for user-centered design driven product development with a fascination for understanding human psychology and gaming as it applies to bettering human experience.
- Master of agile product development best practices with deep, direct experience in all skill areas and tools, including facilitation of workshops or other collaboration techniques to drive momentum and credibility within the organization.
- Impact focus and a consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
- Ability to think big and small to build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision. You are as comfortable working in paper prototypes as you are building out scalable features and know when to do which.
- Demonstrated experience working across teams to synthesize feedback and input.
- Highly effective at identifying your stakeholders and communicating to them in a timely, clear, and concise manner, including the CEO and COO.
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to work in fast-paced environments with minimal oversight.
- Product sense and craftsmanship. You will drive important product interactions for every Solsten customer and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- You listen well. You create alignment by default and can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take the blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
- Proactive and straightforward, demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to respond to unplanned requests, think on your feet, and effectively adjust and reprioritize work as needed.
- A curious and critical thinker, able to articulate complex ideas with humility, professionalism, and a healthy dose of humor.
- Independent, organized yet flexible, and able to prioritize and manage your time effectively without losing sight of the big picture.
- You bring a relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
- A team player, open to criticism from all disciplines, and seeking feedback while constantly choosing growth over being right.
YOUR SOLSTEN EXPERIENCE
At the heart of Solsten is our people. We pride ourselves with the incredible team that makes up the company and are deeply humbled by each one of our employees. We have grown beyond measure and have amassed an incredible team of talented, passionate, and amazing individuals. It is our biggest priority to give all members of Solsten the space and motivation to WANT to journey on this career path with us and continue to be a part of our success. Here are some of the things our current employees appreciate:
- Competitive, location-based salary
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited with a minimum requirement of 25 days off)
- Annual Wellness & Experience bonus
- Home office setup: laptop and necessary peripherals
- A people-first culture with a major emphasis on experience
- A company that is invested in you, your ideas, and your growth
- An opportunity to join a quickly scaling startup
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
Our team is spread out across the world, with hubs in Berlin, Helsinki, New York, and Minneapolis. We believe that having our team close to one another fosters better communication and productivity. This role requires you to be based in Berlin, Germany, where you will have an exciting and flexible hybrid working environment. This means that you will have the opportunity to work both remotely and with colleagues in the office, allowing you to create an ideal working schedule and balance.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Something looks off?