Senior UX Designer, Traits (Helsinki)
Solsten is advancing the human experience by empowering companies to build deeply resonating and healthier human-centered digital experiences and products.
At the intersection of play, psychology, and AI, our suite of products (Traits, Navigator, Frequency, and Wavelength) give companies in the Gaming and Healthcare industries the ability to understand and meet their audiences’ experiential expectations at every step of their journey—ushering in a new era of technology that is better for people, and brilliant for businesses.
THE PRODUCT: TRAITS
Traits uses AI and psychological assessment to safely understand your entire live player base on a psychosocial level. Align game teams around a single source of deep human understanding to craft tailored, resonating game experiences that result in better engagement, better retention, and healthier monetization.
Our user experience team is at the heart of turning the platform that empowers this next generation of digital resonance into a memorable and delightful experience for our customers and users. As a senior UX designer of this team, you will work with a world-class team of designers, researchers, product managers, engineers as well as data scientists to build the Solsten’s platform and products. As a senior UX designer, you will drive the UX efforts within your team and across Solsten, set the bar for excellence, and push UX boundaries while creating stunning experiences our customers will simply love to interact with every single day.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deeply understand the business and users’ motivations and needs in collaboration with product management, user research, and all relevant stakeholders to clearly define and align the project objectives before designing.
- Define problems and opportunities by combining an analysis of users with business needs to form stories and user-centered design solutions, proposing strategic design objectives for larger features.
- Conceptualize solutions with sketches, mind-maps, information architectures, flow diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes. Know what UX methods are appropriate given scope, utilizing design heuristics and human factors to ensure a foundational human-centered experience.
- Validate hypotheses in collaboration with user research and all other relevant stakeholders to validate assumptions throughout the design and development process, with consideration of the project constraints and resources available. Iterate on designs based on validated learnings.
- Prepare and present appropriate UX assets (architecture, flows, etc.) in collaboration with UI design, where specifications are effectively communicated and understood by internal stakeholders (data scientists, engineers, product managers, QA, sales) through presentation and storytelling.
- Collaborate with teammates to scope and deploy new features, tune existing features, and ensure the quality of the end-to-end user experience. Facilitate workshops and discussions with teammates to align on requirements, generate ideas, and evaluate our existing experience.
- Maintain a consistent and cohesive user experience in collaboration with the 12traits design team through maintained design systems, organized design reviews with key stakeholders, user research, experience mapping, and data-driven decisions for your team across the end-to-end user experience.
- Proactively informed of emerging and best-in-class user experience and customer-market trends (SaaS experiences, video games, competitors) as well as a deep understanding of the capabilities of the 12traits platform.
- Mentor and coach junior designers, ensuring the awareness and understanding of user needs and intended outcomes for each project.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), psychology, or equivalent professional experience
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- 4+ years of experience as a user experience designer
- Bonus: Has worked for game service providers, with psychometrics, or other experience management platforms and service providers.
- Passion for understanding the human experience and creating unmatched user-centered experiences
- A fierce advocate for the customer, but knows when to compromise to keep moving
- Curiosity for ways to utilize machine learning to automate deep human understand for dynamic and adaptive experiences that meet an individual's unique needs
- Ability to think critically and adjust UX methods or design solutions with ease, while maintaining the business mission and user goals at the heart of the solution
- Able to build consensus and balance different priorities while dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to translate business and user requirements as well as goals into the design; designing for the optimal (future) solution and pairing down to fit within scope
- Experience and examples of creating digital products, SaaS experiences, or websites
- Examples of prototypes, wireframe production, process flows, journey mapping, personas, and information architecture
- Able to demonstrate qualitative and quantitative-based decision making
- Able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of design best practices as they relate to engagement, retention, and monetization in the SaaS product space
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
- A team player: dedicated to the growth and success of the team, open to critique from all disciplines, and not afraid to share ideas. Can communicate well across disciplines and within a multi-cultural team.
- Continuous learning, constantly seeking opportunities to experiment, fail fast, optimize workflows, and foster open communication
YOUR SOLSTEN EXPERIENCE
At the heart of Solsten is our people. We pride ourselves with the incredible team that makes up the company and are deeply humbled by each one of our employees. We have grown beyond measure and have amassed an incredible team of talented, passionate, and amazing individuals. It is our biggest priority to give all members of Solsten the space and motivation to WANT to journey on this career path with us and continue to be a part of our success. Here are some of the things our current employees appreciate:
- Competitive, location-based salary
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited with a minimum requirement of 25 days off)
- Annual Wellness & Experience bonus
- Home office setup: laptop and necessary peripherals
- A people-first culture with a major emphasis on experience
- A company that is invested in you, your ideas, and your growth
- An opportunity to join a quickly scaling startup
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
Our team is spread out across the world, with hubs in Berlin, Helsinki, New York, and Minneapolis. We believe that having our team close to one another fosters better communication and productivity. This role requires you to be based in Helsinki, Finland, even though there is not yet an office there. Initially, you will be expected to work remotely, with the possibility of moving to a flexible-hybrid working arrangement in the future.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Something looks off?